- Icon of the 20th Century
- Over 12 000 Images
- Scans of Original Prints & Negs
Help / FAQ
I. Setting up an account
How do I set up an account ?
- Setting up your account is quit standard, you need to go on the signup page
- Enter your email and a password, submit.
- You'll then receive an email with a confirmation link you need to click on.
II. Ordering Pictures
How do I buy (or get my free) pictures ?
- Select the pictures you want by browsing the pictures Add them in the cart.
- Once you've made your choice click on The Cart Tab.
- You can remove pictures you do not want or added accidentally.
- When satisfied with your choice click on "Request a License".
- Fill in the form and then submit your order to our office so we will be notified.
- Once we review your order and accept it you'll receive an email and be entitled to download the HIGH DEFINITION version of the pictures for the use you've specified in your order.
What is a Pending Order ?
A pending order means you have chosen pictures and described the license you wish, but not have submitted it to our office.
- If you have existing 'open' orders and wish to change them or check them out click on the corresponding one above (all your orders will are listed there).
- Finally if you wish to make a new order the button is right below.
What are Galleries for ?
Galleries, as its name suggests, gives you the ability to create a collection of photos you can optionaly sort and comment as a kind of personal exhibition. They can be private (they only appear in your account) or you can decide to share them with the public. Galleries have therefore 2 major usage :
- Fun & Creative to propose your own vision on a theme related to Chaplin
- or practical as a sort of bucket you can use for various reasons. For example it can be a pre-selection of pictures you'd like to put aside to complete an order later on.
Are Galleries moderated ?
For now you're free to publish any gallery you created. However if we happen to note any abuse of this feature we may revise our policy.
How do I create a Gallery ?
You create a gallery the same way you pass an order : by filling it with the cart.
- add the pictures you wish for your gallery in the cart, in any order you want.
- once finished go to your Cart and clik on "create a gallery".
- give it a title, optionaly a description and save.
- Now that you gallery is created you can :
- publish the gallery by checking publish on the form (& save)
- sort the gallery (see below)
- comment each picture of the gallery (see below)
How do I update, comment & sort a Gallery ?
Once you created your gallery you can still add or remove pictures by checking or unchecking those which appear on the edit page under the form. If you want to add even more go back on the Pictures page and add more of them in you cart. Then come back to the gallery you created (you'l find it on you account page under the gallery tab click edit and you'll find them under the form ready to be checked...
- Once your selection of images is done don't forget to save!
- Sort the pictures by dragging and dropping it on desired position. (Save again!)
- Commenting pictures is a little more teadious you need to comment + save one by one.
- and voilà throw an eye on preview to see what it looks like and restart until you're satisfied.