@outputbuffer.safeappend='# Help / FAQ
I. Setting up an account
How do I set up an account ?
- Setting up your account is quite standard. First, go to the Sign Up page
- Enter your e-mail address and a password, and click on Sign Up.
- You\'ll then receive an e-mail with a confirmation link you need to click on. Once you’ve clicked on the confirmation link, your account is set up and ready to use.
II. Ordering Pictures
How do I get a licence for (or receive, if already agreed by Chaplin office) photographs?
(This is for orders for high resolution files for professionals, or for special requests. If you wish to buy a print, a poster or a greeting card for personal use, please see next question below.)
- Set up an account. (See PART 1 above for instructions)
- Browse the image bank and add the images you want to your cart by clicking on “Select Picture”.
- Once your selection is ready, click on the shopping cart tab (shopping cart icon in the top right corner).
- You can remove pictures you do not want or added accidentally.
- When satisfied with your selection, click on "Request a License".
- Fill in the form by selecting a purpose and describing the intended use of the images, then click on “Save your order.” (Please note that this will save the images you have chosen, if you want to come back and finish your order at a later time)
- Finally, click on “submit your order to our office”, and we will be notified of your order.
- Once we review your order and accept it, you\'ll receive an e-mail with a link to download the high resolution file(s) of the accepted images for the use you\'ve specified in your order.
How do I order a print, a poster or a greeting card for personal use?
Buying photos for personal use from our image bank is possible. If you wish to do that, click on the "Buy a Print" or “Buy Card” buttons underneath the photograph when browsing through the image bank.
A new Fotomoto window will automatically open where you can choose the type of print you would like. Several products are available and you can choose your own format, frame options, etc.
When ready to complete your order, click on the orange “add to cart" button within the Fotomoto window, then check out. Prints will not have the Charlie Chaplin watermark, of course. Please note that not every photograph on our image bank is available for personal prints.
What is a Pending Order ?
A pending order means you have selected images and described the license you wish, but not have submitted it to our office. You can modify or submit a pending order.
## III. Galleries
What are Galleries for?
The Galleries feature, as the name suggests, gives you the ability to create a collection of photos that you can optionally sort and comment as a kind of personal exhibition. They can be private (they only appear in your account) or you can decide to share them with the public. Galleries therefore have two major purposes:
- fun/creative - Propose your own vision on a theme related to Chaplin
- or practical as a sort of bucket you can use for various reasons. For example, they can be a pre-selection of images you\'d like to put aside to complete an order later on.
Are Galleries moderated?
For now, you\'re free to publish any gallery you create. We may revise our policy in the future.
How do I create a Gallery?
You create a gallery the same way you pass an order: by selecting images into your shopping cart.
- add the pictures you wish for your gallery in the cart, in any order you want.
- once finished, go to your Cart and click on "create a gallery".
- give it a title, a description (optional) and save.
- Now that your gallery is created you can:
- publish the gallery by checking the “Published” box on the form and clicking on “Update Gallery”
- sort the gallery (see below)
- Add a comment to each image in the gallery if you wish (see below)
How do I update, comment & sort a Gallery?
Once you create your gallery you can still add or remove pictures by checking or unchecking the images which appear on the edit page under the form. If you want to add even more images, go back to the Pictures page and add more of them to your cart. Then come back to the gallery you created. You\'ll find it on your account page under the gallery tab (Account > My Account > galleries). Then click on “edit” and you\'ll find them under the form, ready to be checked.
- Once you have checked the images you wish to add to the gallery, don’t forget to click on “Update Gallery” to save the changes.
- Sort the pictures by dragging and dropping them in the desired order. Don’t forget to click on “Save changes”.
- Comment on each picture one by one if you wish to include a legend (optional). This is a bit tedious, but you must click on “Update Gallery asset” for each individual comment you add.
- Click on “Preview” to see what the gallery looks like. You can edit the image selection, sort the images in a different order, and add/modify/remove comments as much as you’d link until you are satisfied with the gallery.